3000 miles, 71 days
Canada to Mexico to Utah by bicycle
"inconceivable!"

Monday, April 7, 2008

(Seattle) Vancouver - 6.8 miles

When I was finally packed at 8:30, my grandparents, brothers and I drove off with bikes to Vancouver, BC. I didn't get much sleep the night before due to some last minute final packing, so I slept most of the way. It was raining pretty hard most of the morning and early afternoon, but we saw some llamas braving the wet weather. The boys and I visited the Capilano Suspension Bridge, and then after a big lunch, we all rode through Stanley Park. We saw the Lion's Gate bridge, and I'm still wondering why the lions were only on one side... Stanley Park was beautiful! The "world-famous" seawall was fun to follow around the park and the totem poles were pretty incredible! We just missed the big bus of Korean tourists, but were caught on camera by some Japanese tourists who mistook us for locals! Once we started riding, the weather cleared up and we enjoyed fantastic views. A quick drive-through of Vanier Park followed and we found a perfect spot for me to start off at the next morning. Off to bed for a long night's sleep!

No comments:

SiteMeter

Subscriptions

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Western Exploration Route Map