3000 miles, 71 days
Canada to Mexico to Utah by bicycle
"inconceivable!"

Monday, April 21, 2008

Otter Rock to Waldport, OR - 28 miles

More snow this morning, but it passed quickly. A bit of a late start, but not far to go today. It was, however, very windy and rainy. Crossing the bridge out of Newport was miserable. There was a strong crosswind that blew the rain straight sideways. I tried to thaw the right side of my face out at every turret I could find to hide behind. At Seal Rock I stopped at Kadi's Fudge Shop and had a couple of pieces in honor of Doris! :) Maple nut and straight chocolate...very good. It was nice to take a break from the battle against the wind and rain every couple of miles as I stopped at the many parks and waypoints along the coast. Once in Waldport, I stayed with friends of my brother David. It was fun to meet their family, play with the kids and hear their stories. Many thanks to Laura for sharing her room! :)

No comments:

SiteMeter

Subscriptions

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Western Exploration Route Map